The Senior Choir and Chamber Ensemble will present the Fauré Requiem on Friday, April 14, at 7:30 p.m. as part of the Good Friday service. Please plan to join us for this very special evening including one of the most popular and beautiful requiems ever written.
Lenten Series on Thursday nights at 6:30 p.m.
Light supper followed by discussion of The Sunflower by Simon Wiesenthal.
Some of the issues for discussion include:
- How do we understand the relationship between justice and forgiveness?
- Do we have the moral authority to forgive or ask forgiveness for offenses committed against others?
- Are some offenses so egregious that they should not be forgiven under any conditions? If so, what are these offenses and how do they differ from those which can be forgiven?
- Does forgiveness include absolution from payment for offenses committed?
- What do the sacred texts of different religious traditions teach about God’s willingness to forgive, and what do they say about the obligations of humans to forgive or withhold forgiveness?
To buy The Sunflower, click here.
New To Us
Sunday at Good Shepherd
Make a Difference